Classic comfort food gets even more comforting with the addition of a little cannabis.
Here’s what you’ll need:
For the pasta
- ½ pound of your favorite pasta (I recommend macaroni or shells)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil of your choice (Cannaoil will also work if you want a little extra potency)
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the sauce
- 5 tablespoons cannabutter
- ½ cup flour
- 2½ to 3 cups milk, depending on your preference
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 2 cups grated mild cheddar
- ½ cup grated sharp cheddar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil of your choice
Begin by preheating your oven to 375 degrees.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add some oil and salt. Once at a rolling boil, add in your pasta and cook according to the package directions. Drain well, but do not rinse
Melt the cannabutter in a small saucepan. Once melted, gradually add the flour and cook, while whisking constantly, for five minutes or until golden brown in color. Then add the milk and cook until thick and smooth, about one minute. Add the mozzarella, mild cheddar, salt, paprika, pepper and nutmeg. Reserve the sharp cheddar for sprinkling. When the cheese has melted, add the cooked pasta and stir to combine. Pour into a thoroughly buttered, oven-safe dish.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the oil with the breadcrumbs and sharp cheddar. You can use a wooden spoon, or I often find it easiest to get in there with my (clean) hands. Sprinkle this mixture on top of the macaroni dish just before it goes into the oven. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the sauce is bubbling. Yum!
Lauren Fallon is a freelance writer and occasional guest contributor. She is a cannabis lover regular writer for cannabis-ninja.com. Her passion for food and her passion for weed frequently come together in the kitchen, and she’s happy to share her more successful concoctions with us!