Marijuana Growers HQ has set out to compile the most comprehensive collection of medical cannabis strain reviews ever. Many sites offer strain reviews; however, none offer unbiased and medically relevant findings. Our reviewers judge not only the smell, taste, and looks of the cannabis, but also how well it worked to treat a wide range of medical symptoms. You will also find the lab results from the samples and notes from the grower when available. Our hope is that these reviews will become a valuable tool for those seeking to effectively alleviate their symptoms with cannabis.
All samples used in our strain reviews are generously donated by Granny Purps cannabis dispensary in Santa Cruz California. Thank you Granny for your support.
After carefully reviewing the applications we selected 14 individuals to judge our weekly medical cannabis review. Our reviewers use medical cannabis to treat symptoms from a wide variety of conditions ranging from leukemia, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, lupus, and PTSD, as well as other more common ailments such as insomnia, arthritis, and menstrual cramping. Our reviewers are as different as their conditions and cover a range of ages and backgrounds. Be sure to read their full bios and their detailed reviews.
- BB – ADD, pain and anxiety
- Cancer Survivor – Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Coyote – Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, sleep apnea, migraines
- Devil Dez – Arthritis, lower back and hip pain, contact dermititus
- Green Thumb – Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Hopalong – Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) and Degenerative Disk Disease (DDD)/li>
- Jackwagon – End stage liver disease secondary to Hep. C, Cirrhosis.
- JD – Type two diabetes
- Jess-has-MS – Multiple Sclerosis
- Jill – ADHD
- Krisha – Neuropathy (Nerve Damage)
- Mindhead – Severe Back Pain
- Mitchy – Chronic arthritic pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, fibroid tumors
- Olga – Cartilage and ligament damage
- Shortcakes – lupus and fibromyalgiai
- Sugar Britches – 5 Vertebrae Back Fusion, Remission from Breast Cancer, Depre
- SurferK – Sleep disorder, chronic pain, depression
- Yimbo – Pain and addiction
- Water Goddess – Severe Menstrual Pain
How the Strain Review Works
Each week our reviewers receive a one gram sample of the strain. In an effort to minimize any preconceived notions about a strain, none of the reviewers are given the name of the strain or any other information about it. After testing the strain, the reviewers describe their experiences by answering specific questions on an online form that is emailed directly to our staff.
The 14 reviews are averaged to generate a score from 0 to 5 stars for each category and again for an overall score for the strain. Because each reviewer is unique, the average score regarding a strains effectiveness may be misleading. For more relevant information about how the strain worked for a particular symptom it is important to read the full written reviews.
The Growers Notes section provides detailed information contributed by the individual who grew the strain being reviewed. Unfortunately this information may not always be available in its entirety.
Our strain reviews are accompanied by information detailing the specific cannabinoids present in the sample. Countless factors affect a plant’s level of cannabinoid production. The details found in this section must not be considered typical of the strain, but only representative of the samples tested by the reviewers.